- Category: World News
- Published Monday, February 22, 2016
- CTV News
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run agency says a court has charged 14 people in connection with last week's suicide car bombing in Ankara and ordered them jailed pending trial.
Anadolu Agency said Monday the 14 are suspected of aiding a terror organization, forging official documents and fraud. It wasn't immediately clear what part they had in the Feb. 17 attack, which targeted buses carrying military personnel and killed 28 people.
A Turkey-based Kurdish militant group has claimed responsibility for the attack, but the government insists it was carried out by a U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish militia group in collaboration with Turkey's own Kurdish rebels.
Turkey is pressing the U.S. to halt support to the group, which is a key force in the battle against the Islamic State group.