- Category: Economic
- Published Friday, March 4, 2016
- CTV News
FORT MCMURRAY, Alta. -- Alberta Finance Minister Joe Ceci and Premier Rachel Notley say more restraint measures are coming in next month's budget.
But they also reiterate that the overall plan remains not to cut so deep as to make a bad situation worse.
Ceci and Notley made the comments at a town hall meeting in Fort McMurray, fielding questions on the upcoming budget.
Ceci has said with no end in sight to low oil prices, the expected deficit for 2016-17 could be double the original projection and end up over $10 billion.
The finance minister has not said where the new austerity measures will occur.
The government plan introduced last year calls for a two per cent boost in overall spending in the 2016-17 budget, focusing the extra cash on core areas like health and education.