Ontario premier slams Donald Trump's decision to cease exports of N95 masks to Canada

TORONTO -- Ontario Premier Doug Ford has slammed United States President Donald Trump's decision to cease exports of manufacturing giant 3M's N95 face masks to Canada.

"I just can't stress how disappointed I am at President Trump for making this decision," Ford said at Queen’s Park on Friday.

See Full Article



Advertisements

Latest Canada & World News

  • Gutted by COVID-19, travel and tourism industry pleads for aid from Ottawa

    Canada News CBC News
    Representatives of Canada's COVID-19-crippled travel and tourism industry are warning of mass layoffs and large-scale bankruptcies if the federal government fails to step up with aid for the sector. MPs on the House of Commons industry committee heard grim stories on Monday about the devastating toll the pandemic is taking on the travel and hospitality sector. Source
  • Doctor attacked, killed in exam room at Alberta walk-in clinic

    Canada News CBC News
    A Red Deer physician died Monday after he was attacked in an examination room at the Village Mall walk-in clinic. RCMP said one man is in custody and the major crimes unit has taken over what police called "an active homicide investigation. Source
  • Dozens of public health officials across the U.S. have resigned or been fired amid COVID-19

    World News CBC News
    Vilified, threatened with violence and in some cases suffering from burnout, dozens of state and local public health officials around the U.S. have resigned or have been fired amid the coronavirus outbreak, a testament to how politically combustible masks, lockdowns and infection data have become. Source
  • UN food chief: Beirut could run out of bread in 2.5 weeks

    World News CTV News
    TANZANIA, TANZANIA -- The head of the UN food agency said Monday he's "very, very concerned" Lebanon could run out of bread in about 2.5 weeks because 85% of the country's grain comes through Beirut's devastated port -- but he believes an area of the port can be made operational this month. Source
  • Alstom expresses concern over finances at Bombardier's rail unit, but takeover will likely go through

    World News CBC News
    French rail giant Alstom SA is warning that problems at Bombardier's train division may affect negotiations to buy it, but says it still plans to go ahead with the takeover deal. Alstom says that "negative developments" around the train unit's operations and finances revealed in Bombardier's quarterly earnings report last week have prompted the would-be buyer to "take into account the consequences" during upcoming discussions. Source
  • City-dwellers more likely to have suffered dog bites, researchers say

    Canada News CTV News
    TORONTO -- A new study from the University of Guelph found that dog bites are more common among people who live in urban areas compared to those living in the country. Researchers with the Ontario Veterinary College surveyed more than 2,000 people across different geographic areas to better assess measures related to dog bite prevention. Source
  • Bloodied men detained at Toronto beach menaced people with chainsaws: eyewitness

    Canada News CTV News
    TORONTO -- Two men arrested in the area of Toronto's Cherry Beach after a fight menaced a number of passersby with running chainsaws before they were captured by police, an eyewitness says. A jogger who wishes to remain anonymous told CTV News Toronto she was running in the area of Cherry Street, between the beach and Regata Road on Sunday morning, when she says she saw a young boy on rollerblades dart off of the path in front of her. Source
  • More than 500 COVID-19 infections in Canada linked to exposures at public places, new data suggests

    Canada News CTV News
    TORONTO -- New data suggests that more than 500 COVID-19 infections in Canada have been linked to public venues including stores, bars, restaurants, daycares and schools since the beginning of July as more businesses continue to reopen and restrictions are eased. Source
  • German man severs another's hand off with machete

    World News CTV News
    BERLIN -- A 22-year-old is under investigation after chopping off another man's hand with a machete at an outdoor recreation area in western Germany, prosecutors said Monday. Prosecutors in Koblenz said the suspect told authorities he had been chopping firewood in a forested area west of the city on Saturday night when he witnessed a car crash. Source
  • Were you at this rave? B.C. health authority says you need to watch for COVID-19 symptoms

    Canada News CTV News
    VANCOUVER -- An event held over the B.C. Day long weekend in Surrey is the latest to be added to Fraser Health's COVID-19 exposure warning list. Billed as a "rave," the event may have been the site of virus exposure on July 31, Aug. Source