Feds urged to act on ISIS 'caliphate cubs' born to Canadians

Ottawa is being urged to take action on so-called ‘caliphate cubs’ after CTV News revealed Monday that at least five Canadians ISIS brides have given birth or become pregnant in Syria.

See Full Article

Retired Lt.-Gen. Romeo Dallaire said the many child soldiers being used in Syria are “a cut above in horror and mass atrocities than the ones we have seen the past.”

Dallaire said a strategy needs to be developed to recover the mothers and de-program the children who will inevitably become child soldiers indoctrinated to hate Canada.

Interim Conservative leader Rona Ambrose said Tuesday that the women and children are at serious risk, so “let’s hope we can save them.”

Ambrose added that they “are still Canadian.”

Immigration lawyer Andrew Carvajal confirmed the children are entitled to Canadian citizenship and the women could legally return to Canada.

Arif Virani, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, said Tuesday that the government is “actively fighting against radicalization on every front.”

A day earlier, Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale said the Liberals will be opening a planned national counter-radicalization office “as rapidly as we can.”

The news on the five Canadian women came from a University of Waterloo study on foreign fighters who have fled to Syria and Iraq.

The women travelled separately over the past two years, appear to have gone on their own accord, and left their families in Canada devastated, according to researcher Amarnath Amarasingam.

Amarasingam said the women -- who he agreed to make anonymous -- are between the ages of 19 and 22, and are from British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec.

With reports from CTV National News Reporter Katie Simpson



Advertisements

Latest Canada & World News

  • Terrorism knows no bounds

    World News Toronto Sun
    As the frightening footage unfolds from London, how it brings back grim memories of the terror attack on our own Parliament Hill almost three years ago. A man in uniform attacked and killed by a terrorist determined to breach the heart of our government, to defile the centre of our democracy. Source
  • Take that! Pyongyang lambastes Trump as too much like Obama

    World News CTV News
    TOKYO -- North Korea has a criticism of U.S. President Donald Trump he probably wasn't expecting: He's too much like Barack Obama. North Korea's state media, which regularly vilified Obama in the strongest terms, had been slow to do the same with the Trump administration, possibly so that officials in Pyongyang could figure out what direction Trump will likely take and what new policies he may pursue. Source
  • Federal budget disconnected from the middle class

    Canada News Toronto Sun
    Finance Minister Bill Morneau, having now tabled the Trudeau government’s second budget, has about as much in common with the average middle-class Canadian as his prime minister. Which is to say not much in common at all. Source
  • Manitoba mother loses three limbs to strep infection

    Canada News CTV News
    In early February, Cari Kirkness thought she had the flu. But her illness, which started with a sore throat, quickly spiralled out of control. Soon, the 28-year-old Manitoba mother of two had lost both legs and her right arm to an incredibly aggressive strep infection. Source
  • Police draw weapons on boy in park carrying costume gun for school project

    Canada News CBC News
    A Hamilton boy with a toy gun and a wooden sword was in a park on Tuesday afternoon when he suddenly found himself facing police officers with guns and Tasers drawn. Someone had reported a tall teenager with a gun and a knife, said a Hamilton police report on Wednesday. Source
  • Major companies dropping YouTube after ads run alongside terrorism videos

    World News Toronto Sun
    SAN FRANCISCO — AT&T, Verizon and several other major advertisers are suspending their marketing campaigns on Google’s YouTube site after discovering their brands have been appearing alongside videos promoting terrorism and other unsavoury subjects. The spreading boycott confronts Google with a challenge that threatens to cost it hundreds of millions of dollars. Source
  • Federal Budget 2017 proves Liberal plan is failing

    Canada News Toronto Sun
    In listening to Finance Minister Bill Morneau deliver his government’s 2017 Budget, it’s clearly evident the minister and his government believe their plan is working. “A year and a half ago, our Government set out to deliver the kind of change that would make a real difference for Canadians,” Minister Morneau noted in his speech. Source
  • Another Montreal imam accused of hate speech

    Canada News Toronto Sun
    Another day. Another terrorist incident with multiple deaths and another report of an imam delivering a highly toxic sermon promoting violence against the Jewish people. The latter incident comes via Michael Mostyn, CEO of B’nai Brith Canada, whose organization reported the Montreal imam, Muhammad bin Musa al Nasr, to the hate crimes unit of the Montreal police Tuesday. Source
  • Bertrand Charest doesn't deny having had sex with some students: lawyer

    Canada News CTV News
    SAINT-JEROME, Que. -- Bertrand Charest doesn't deny having had sex with some of his teenage ski students but disagrees with his portrayal by the Crown and his alleged victims, one of his lawyers said Wednesday. Source
  • London terror attack 'sick and depraved' [Photos] [Video]

    World News Toronto Sun
    LONDON — An attacker stabbed a police officer and was shot by police on the grounds outside Britain’s Parliament, sending the compound into lockdown Wednesday. Around the same time, a vehicle mowed down pedestrians on nearby Westminster Bridge. Source