Threat in Calgary neighbourhood 'over,' police say

Police say the "threat" in a Calgary neighbourhood is "over," after reports of gunfire in the residential area on Sunday.

See Full Article

Calgary Police Service tweeted late Sunday evening that residents in Huntington Hills no longer need to take shelter in their basements.

Threat in Huntington Hills is over, residents no longer need to shelter in basements. Invest ongoing, still limited access in the area.

— Calgary Police (@CalgaryPolice) January 25, 2016

Earlier on Sunday, police said they received reports of possible shots fired from a home in the area.

They asked people to avoid the area and to take shelter in their basements.

Police said no injuries have been reported, and the investigation is ongoing.

They added that access to the area is "still limited."

With files from The Canadian Press



Advertisements

Latest Canada & World News