Nova Scotia bracing for another blast of winter

HALIFAX - Parts of Nova Scotia are bracing for its second blast of winter this week.

Environment Canada has issued winter storm warnings for much of southern Nova Scotia, where up to 20 centimetres of snow could fall by early Sunday.

See Full Article

The national weather forecaster says strong winds may also cause blowing snow and non-essential travel should be postponed.

Halifax Stanfield International Airport is warning that flights could be delayed later today and advised travellers to check in with airlines.

Up to 25 centimetres of snow fell on parts of the region earlier this week, creating power outages, school closures and poor driving conditions.



Advertisements

Latest Canada & World News

  • Donald Trump on being president: ‘I thought it would be easier’ [Video]

    World News Toronto Sun
    WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is sounding wistful as he reflects on his first 100 days on the job. The president says he “loved” his “previous life. I had so many things going.” He says his new gig is “more work than in my previous life. Source
  • Canadian Forces say they want to remove 77 members for sexual misconduct

    World News Toronto Sun
    OTTAWA — Military officials say they have moved this year to force out 77 service members found guilty of sexual misconduct. Many of the cases are older and none of the members have been released yet, as their files go through what the military says is due process. Source
  • House OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown, Senate next

    World News CTV News
    WASHINGTON -- With just hours to spare, the House easily approved a short-term spending bill Friday that would prevent a partial federal shutdown over the weekend. But on President Donald Trump's 99th day in office, lawmakers were leaving for the weekend without completing two other measures he's coveted: A Republican health care overhaul and a budget financing government for the entire year. Source
  • Trump signs order to expand drilling in Arctic, Atlantic oceans

    World News CBC News
    Working to dismantle his predecessor's environmental legacy, President Donald Trump has signed an executive order Friday that could lead to the expansion of drilling in the Arctic and Atlantic oceans. With one day left to rack up accomplishments before he reaches his 100th day in office, Trump ordered his interior secretary to review an Obama-era plan that dictates which locations are open to offshore drilling, with the goal of the new administration to expand operations. Source
  • Body of Sgt. Robert Dynerowicz returning to Kitchener, Ont. Friday

    Canada News CBC News
    The body of Sgt. Robert "Bobby" Dynerowicz will be returned to Kitchener, Ont. Friday afternoon. Dynerowicz died Tuesday after he was involved in an accident while riding in a light armoured vehicle during training at CFB Wainwright, Alta. Source
  • U.S. to push for tighter sanctions on North Korea at UN Security Council meeting

    World News Toronto Sun
    Turning to diplomacy after flexing military muscle, the United States will urge the U.N. Security Council on Friday to increase economic pressure on North Korea over its nuclear weapons program, leaning on China in particular to turn the screws on its wayward ally. Source
  • Cops: Purse saved woman shot at point-blank range

    World News Toronto Sun
    NEW YORK — Police say a New York City woman shot at point-blank range during a robbery was saved from a bullet wound thanks to her purse. The New York Police Department says a 52-year-old man ran up to his intended victim on a Brooklyn street early Wednesday morning and demanded her car keys. Source
  • Forces seek to oust 77 members for sexual misconduct

    Canada News CTV News
    OTTAWA -- Military officials say they have moved this year to force out 77 service members found guilty of sexual misconduct. Many of the cases are older and none of the members have been released yet, as their files go through what the military says is due process. Source
  • Forces seeking ouster of 77 for sexual misconduct

    Canada News CTV News
    OTTAWA -- Military officials say they have moved this year to force out 77 service members found guilty of sexual misconduct. Many of the cases are older and none of the members have been released yet, as their files go through what the military says is due process. Source
  • Trump: ‘I thought it would be easier’ [Video]

    World News Toronto Sun
    WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is sounding wistful as he reflects on his first 100 days on the job. The president says he “loved” his “previous life. I had so many things going.” He says his new gig is “more work than in my previous life. Source