No winning ticket for $50M Lotto Max jackpot

TORONTO -- No one has the winning ticket for the $50-million jackpot in Friday night's Lotto Max draw.

Seven MaxMillions prizes of $1-million each were available, and winning tickets for three of those prizes were sold.

See Full Article

Two were purchased in Ontario and one in Quebec.

The jackpot for next Friday's Lotto Max draw on Jan. 22 will be $55-million, and there will be 14 MaxMillions prizes up for grabs.

The lottery's grand prize was last won Dec. 25, when a ticket worth $60-million was sold in Mississauga, Ont.



Advertisements

Latest Canada & World News

  • Cuba eliminates gay marriage language from new constitution

    World News CTV News
    HAVANA -- Cuba's government said Tuesday that language promoting the legalization of gay marriage will be removed from the draft of a new constitution after widespread popular rejection of the idea. Gay rights advocates had proposed eliminating the description of marriage as a union of a man and woman, changing it to the union of "two people . Source
  • Donald Trump undermined Canada on Huawei arrest, says former U.S. ambassador

    Canada News CBC News
    Former U.S. ambassador to China Gary Locke said today that U.S. President Donald Trump undermined Canada over the arrest of Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou when he said that he would intervene in the case if it could help secure a trade deal with China. Source
  • Vice-Admiral Norman's pre-trial hearing hears of possible efforts to withhold records

    Canada News CBC News
    A pre-trial hearing for a top Canadian Navy officer accused of leaking government secrets heard dramatic claims today about possible manipulation of the access-to-information system within the Department of National Defence. The legal team representing Vice-Admiral Mark Norman today called two surprise witnesses. Source
  • 'Disturbing increase' in violence against journalists worldwide

    World News CBC News
    The murder of Saudi columnist Jamal Khashoggi in a year when more than half of all journalists killed were targeted deliberately reflects a hatred of the media in many areas of society, Reporters Without Borders (RSF) said on Tuesday. Source
  • Yemeni mother wins travel ban waiver to see dying 2-year-old son in U.S.

    World News CTV News
    A Yemeni mother on Tuesday won her fight for a waiver from the Trump administration's travel ban that would allow her to go to California to see her dying 2-year-old son. Shaima Swileh planned to fly to San Francisco on Wednesday after the U.S. Source
  • Thunder Bay police board acknowledges 'unequivocally' existence of systemic racism

    Canada News CBC News
    Members of the Thunder Bay Police Services Board have acknowledged "unequivocally" that systemic racism exists in both the Thunder Bay Police Service and the civilian oversight board, after reviewing reports from the Office of the Independent Police Review Director and the Ontario Civilian Police Commission. Source
  • Boy, 2, attacked by cougar on wooded trail

    Canada News CBC News
    The B.C. Conservation Service says a 2-year-old boy was attacked by a cougar near Mission on Monday. "It's a trail into a wooded area, and what we know so far is that an adult was taking some children for a walk," said Conservation Officer Todd Hunter. Source
  • Chicago officers likely didn't see train that killed them

    World News CTV News
    CHICAGO -- Two Chicago police officers may not have seen or heard the commuter train that fatally struck them because they were focused on another train coming from the opposite direction, a department spokesman said Tuesday. Source
  • A look at where the investigations related to Trump stand

    World News CTV News
    A look at where the investigations related to President Donald Trump stand and what may lie ahead for him: WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT? Trump is facing criminal investigations in Washington and New York. Special counsel Robert Mueller is looking into whether the Trump campaign co-ordinated with Russia and whether the president obstructed the investigation. Source
  • Trump Foundation reaches deal to dissolve amid lawsuit

    World News CTV News
    NEW YORK -- U.S. President Donald Trump's charitable foundation reached a deal Tuesday to go out of business, even as Trump continues to fight allegations he misused its assets to resolve business disputes and boost his run for the White House. Source