Quebec baby suffers severe burns after child seat placed on stove

VICTORIAVILLE, Que. - A baby in Quebec was critically burned Thursday night in what appears to be a terrible accident at a home in Victoriaville.

See Full Article

Quebec Provincial Police say the baby was sitting in a child seat that caught fire after it was placed on top of a stove.

The infant suffered severe burns and was being treated at a hospital in Montreal.

Both parents were also taken to hospital -- the father with burned hands and the mother suffering from shock.

Police in the community about 160 kilometres northeast of Montreal said they were waiting to speak to the unidentified parents to determine exactly what happened.

Police have not yet revealed the baby's age or gender.



Advertisements

Latest Canada & World News