Man, woman jump from window with baby to escape fire in Winnipeg

A Winnipeg couple jumped out of a second-storey window with their four-month-old baby to escape an apartment fire Friday.

The man broke his leg in the fall, and the woman and child were treated for minor smoke inhalation.

See Full Article

Platoon Chief Barry Evans says it appears the fire was caused by Christmas tree lights.

“When you’re out of the room or if you’re leaving, please don’t leave them plugged in,” he said. “They can obviously short out and catch fire.”

Evans said the fire caused extensive damage to the apartment suite.

With files from CTV Winnipeg



Advertisements

Latest Canada & World News