J.K. Rowling launching 4-part series on wizarding school

NEW YORK - J.K. Rowling has more magic on the way.

The "Harry Potter" author is launching a series called "Magic in North America," a four-part backstory for this fall's film adaptation of the Potter prequel "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

See Full Article

"

Announced Monday on Rowling's Web site, www.pottermore.com, "Magic in North America" will run in installments Tuesday-Friday on Pottermore.

According to the Web site, the new series will tell of the North American wizardry school Ilvermorny and "bring to light the history of this previously unexplored corner of the wizarding world in the run up to 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them."'

Rowling has taken on numerous projects lately, from the stage production "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" to her detective novels written under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith.



Advertisements

Latest Entertainment News

  • Johnny Depp denies out of control spending, hits back at ex-business managers [Video]

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Johnny Depp has denied claims that his financial woes have been caused by out of control spending. In January, the Pirates of the Caribbean star sued his former advisers Joel and Robert Mandel and their The Management Group (TMG) company, alleging fraud and negligence. Source
  • 'The Amazing Race' returns for Season 29 fighting for its life

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Strangers in a strange land. That’s the direction The Amazing Race decided to go in for the first time in its 29 season history. The multiple Emmy Award-winning reality show, now airing on Thursday nights on CTV and CBS, paired up 22 strangers to navigate across the globe deciphering clues, performing mental and physical tasks, meet the locals and take planes, trains and automobiles for a one million dollar prize. Source
  • 'Stay away': Musicians urge Radiohead to scrap Israel show as promoters brush off boycott calls

    Entertainment CBC News
    A number of musicians, activists and artists are encouraging Radiohead to scrap a planned July show in Israel as part of a cultural boycott. Pink Floyd's Roger Waters, Desmond Tutu and Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore are among the more than 40 people who have co-signed an open letter to the influential British band, under the Artists for Palestine UK network. Source
  • ‘Bachelor’ star called 911 before allegedly fleeing scene

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    IOWA CITY, Iowa — Former “The Bachelor” star Chris Soules called 911 to report his crash that killed a fellow Iowa farmer, seeking medical help for the man before he allegedly left the scene. Soules told the dispatcher that he “rear-ended a guy on a tractor” with his pickup truck Monday night on a road near the northern Iowa town of Aurora, according to a recording of the call released Wednesday. Source
  • Fred Penner weighs album of grown-up tracks for a 'deeper connection' with fans

    Entertainment CTV News
    TORONTO -- Fred Penner won his legendary status entertaining kids with "The Cat Came Back" and other favourites, but the singer says he's considering an album for grown-ups. "I've written songs along the way," the 70-year-old performer said in a recent interview. Source
  • Unbreakable/Split crossover film gets title and release date [Video]

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Writer-director M. Night Shyamalan has announced that after 17 years he will finally release a sequel to Unbreakable. Shyamalan broke the news on Twitter after teasing the sequel during the end credits for his recent thriller Split, which featured James McAvoy as a kidnapper with a multiple-personality disorder who captures three teens. Source
  • Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony returns to Cleveland next April

    Entertainment CTV News
    CLEVELAND -- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame says next year's induction ceremony is scheduled for April 14 at the Public Auditorium in Cleveland. The Rock Hall is located in Cleveland, but the city hasn't hosted the induction ceremony since 2015. Source
  • 'Bachelor' star called 911 before allegedly fleeing deadly crash

    Entertainment CTV News
    This Tuesday, April 25, 2017, photo provided by the Buchanan County Sheriff's Office in Independence, Iowa, shows Chris Soules, former star of ABC's "The Bachelor," after being booked early Tuesday after his arrest on a charge of leaving the scene of a fatal accident near Arlington, Iowa. Source
  • Lorde, Imagine Dragons, Iggy Azalea set to appear at 2017 iHeartRadio MMVAs

    Entertainment CBC News
    Lorde is headed to this year's iHeartRadio Much Music Video Awards — but whether her lamp will make an encore performance remains to be seen. The New Zealand-raised musician is among the first round of artists announced for the televised street party in Toronto on June 18. Source
  • Jonathan Demme, director of 'The Silence of the Lambs', dead at 73 [Video]

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Oscar-winning moviemaker Jonathan Demme has died, aged 73. The acclaimed director of The Silence of the Lambs and Philadelphia passed away in New York on Wednesday. He had been battling esophageal cancer and died of complications from heart disease, according to a family source. Source