Gordon-Levitt leaves 'Sandman' over creative differences

NEW YORK -- Joseph Gordon-Levitt has dropped out of a movie adaptation of Neil Gaiman's "Sandman," saying he and the studio don't see "eye to eye" on the project.

See Full Article

In a message posted Saturday on Facebook, Gordon-Levitt said he was pulling out after several years of development because New Line Cinema has a different idea about "what makes 'Sandman' special." Warner Bros. recently shifted the film to its subsidiary New Line. "Conjuring 2" screenwriter Eric Heisserer was also brought in.

Gordon-Levitt had been set to direct and star in the DC Comics title.

Gaiman, an executive producer of the film, tweeted that his respect for the actor-director is "undiminished." The author added that he has little control over the film's production.

New Line didn't immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.

RE: SANDMANSo, as you might know if you like to follow these sorts of things, a while back, David Goyer and I made a...

Posted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt on Saturday, March 5, 2016


Advertisements

Latest Entertainment News

  • 'Roseanne' revival planned

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    A popular sitcom from the 1990s is set to return with members of its original cast. According to Deadline, a revival of Roseanne is in the works with focal members of the original cast – including Roseanne Barr, John Goodman and Sara Gilbert – signed on to reprise their roles. Source
  • Making new album an emotional rollercoaster for Mary J. Blige

    Entertainment CTV News
    LOS ANGELES -- Mary J. Blige may be spitting fireball lyrics about her soon-to-be ex-husband on her new album, but the songs didn't start from a place of anger and hate. It began with hope. Source
  • 'American Gods' star Ian McShane says show perfect for our time

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Over the phone from the U.K., Ian McShane is apologetic about the time of our interview – it being 6 a.m. EDT. He knows all about time-zones and being up in the early morning in Toronto. He followed Premier League football with his joined-at-the-hip American Gods co-star and fellow Manchester United fan Ricky Whittle while filming the series there. Source
  • 'Not all banjoes and fiddles': Eclectic East Coast musicians find fame abroad, struggle at home

    Entertainment CBC News
    The traditional music industry is playing "catch up" when it comes to recognizing electronic music, according to some artists who have decided to create a new Maritime-wide music association to support urban artists. Long-time DJ and music producer Brian Pelrine is part of the group behind the project, which will launch June 3. Source
  • Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch renew 'Big Bang Theory' contracts

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch have reportedly finalized their contract deals to appear in seasons 11 and 12 of hit TV show The Big Bang Theory. The comedy series was renewed for two additional seasons last month, weeks after main castmembers Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, and Kunal Nayyar inked their new two-year contracts, and Bialik and Rauch have now joined them. Source
  • MasterChef Canada's Aaron Polsky is picking Trevor to win it all

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    MasterChef Canada’s Aaron Polsky was sent home this week after his vegetarian tagine failed to impress the judges. But that wasn’t the hardest loss he took while competing in the MasterChef Canada kitchen. Losing the Restaurant Takeover in Chef Michael Bonacini’s north Toronto landmark Auberge du Pommier earlier in the episode stung the worst. Source
  • 'Star Trek: Discovery' adds several Canadian actors

    Entertainment CTV News
    TORONTO - Several Canadians have joined the cast of the Toronto-shot series "Star Trek: Discovery." Rekha Sharma of Vancouver will play Commander Landry, the security officer of the Starship Discovery. Toronto's Kenneth Mitchell has been cast as Kol, a commanding officer in the Klingon Empire. Source
  • Judges seal warrants related to arrest of 'Bachelor' star

    Entertainment CTV News
    IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Applications for warrants that allowed police to arrest "The Bachelor" star Chris Soules after a fatal crash and to obtain his blood and urine samples will be sealed indefinitely under rulings issued Friday. Source
  • 'Casting JonBenet' review: Reliving a tabloid sensation

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Yesterday’s media circus is today’s documentary. It has, recently, seemed like all the stories that once dominated our tabloids are now cramming our screens. O.J. Simpson, Anthony Weiner, Amanda Knox. It’s as though we’re haunted by the ghost of nightly-news past. Source
  • Fyre Festival postponed after reports of Hunger Games-like conditions emerge

    Entertainment CBC News
    The inaugural Fyre Festival in the Bahamas, a two-week music event promoted by celebrities including supermodels Bella Hadid and Emily Ratajkowski, was postponed Friday after attendees reported dilapidated accommodations, and top-billed performers pulled out. The Coachella-like festival, set to run this weekend and next weekend on the Exuma Islands, was co-organized by rapper Ja Rule. Source