'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' arrives on home video in April

LOS ANGELES -- In just a few weeks, you won't have to travel to a galaxy -- or a theatre -- far, far away to see "Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

See Full Article

"

The blockbuster is set to be released on home video next month. It will be available for purchase On Demand beginning April 1 and on Blu-ray and DVD on April 5.

Walt Disney Co. Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced the plans at the annual shareholders meeting Thursday in Chicago.

Special features on the home video release include behind-the-scenes looks at how director J.J. Abrams and his team created the film, BB-8 and other creatures, plus cast memories from the first table read.

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" opened in December and has brought in an estimated $2.05 billion to date.



Advertisements

Latest Entertainment News

  • Jean Paul Riopelle painting sells for more than $7.4M

    Entertainment CBC News
    A painting by the late Quebec artist Jean Paul Riopelle has sold for more than $7.4 million, good for second on the list of Canada's most expensive works of art. Going into the Heffel Fine Art Auction House's spring sale on Wednesday, the painting Vent du nord had a conservative pre-sale estimate of $1 million to $1.5 million. Source
  • Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has lung lesion removed

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    LOS ANGELES — A spokesperson for Ronnie Wood says the Rolling Stones guitarist has had a lung lesion successfully removed and is expected to make a full recovery. Wood, who turns 70 next week, says in a statement that he is grateful to doctors who found the lesion in its early stages. Source
  • Carrie Fisher would have led the cast of Episode IX: Star Wars boss

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Carrie Fisher would have been the star of the ninth Star Wars film had she lived. Lucasfilm Ltd president Kathleen Kennedy has revealed writers were planning to make her General Leia Organa character a major part of the film before the actress suffered a massive heart attack on a plane flight home to Los Angeles from London in December and died days after Christmas. Source
  • Playboy model pleads no contest for Snapchat post of nude gymgoer

    Entertainment CBC News
    A Playboy centerfold was ordered to clean up graffiti Wednesday for secretly snapping a photo of a naked 71-year-old woman in a locker room and posting it online with a mocking comment. Dani Mathers pleaded no contest to misdemeanor invasion of privacy in Los Angeles County Superior Court for the case that sparked outrage over the incident of so-called body shaming. Source
  • London premiere of 'Wonder Woman' is cancelled after attack

    Entertainment CTV News
    Director Patty Jenkins, from left, and actors Connie Nielsen, Chris Pine and Gal Gadot participate in the BUILD Speaker Series to discuss the film, "Wonder Woman" at AOL Studios on May 23, 2017, in New York. (Evan Agostini/Invision/AP) Source
  • Wonder Woman's London premiere cancelled after Manchester attack

    Entertainment CBC News
    The glitzy, star-filled London premiere of Wonder Woman has been scrapped following the terror attack in Manchester. Stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine and Robin Wright had been scheduled to walk a red carpet on May 31 to help welcome the super hero film to Europe. Source
  • Ariana Grande cancels world tour stops through June 5

    Entertainment CTV News
    NEW YORK -- Ariana Grande's management team says she has suspended her world tour through June 5 in the wake of a suicide bombing at her concert in Manchester. The pop star, who was on a European leg of her "Dangerous Woman Tour," cancelled stops scheduled for Thursday and Friday at the 02 Arena in London. Source
  • Ariana Grande suspends world tour, cancels some Euro stops

    Entertainment CTV News
    NEW YORK -- Ariana Grande suspended her Dangerous Woman world tour and cancelled several European shows Wednesday due to the deadly bombing at her concert in Manchester, England. Shows Thursday and Friday in London were cancelled, along with concerts through June 5 in Belgium, Poland, Germany and Switzerland. Source
  • Ariana Grande postpones concerts after Manchester attack

    Entertainment CBC News
    Ariana Grande has put her Dangerous Woman tour dates on hold following the suicide bomb attack outside her concert at Manchester Arena on Monday. The world tour, which was set to stop at London's O2 Arena Thursday and Friday, "has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost," according to a statement from the American singer's management. Source
  • 'The Great War is here': Game of Thrones season 7 trailer debuts

    Entertainment CBC News
    A new trailer for Game of Thrones' upcoming seventh season dropped online Wednesday, giving fans a tantalizingly brief look at what lies ahead for HBO's fantasy drama juggernaut. Fan favourites return to set up the seemingly final conflict between the Seven Kingdoms' surviving leaders: Jon Snow (Kit Harington) and his half-sister Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) in Winterfell; Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) and Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) currently in Dragonstone; and Cersei (Lena Headey)…