Yoko Ono on the mend after being hospitalized for flu-like symptoms

NEW YORK -- Yoko Ono has been hospitalized in New York City for flu-like symptoms, but her representative says the artist-singer is on the mend and should be released this weekend.

See Full Article

Elliott Mintz told The Associated Press on Friday that Ono went to the hospital on the advice of her doctor. He said media reports that she had had a stroke were not true.

Ono, who turned 83 last week, arrived at the hospital and medical staff decided to admit her, Mintz said.

But "It was nothing," he added.

He said Ono likely will be released from the hospital Saturday.

Ono is the widow of John Lennon of the Beatles. A Fire Department spokesman said an ambulance was called to Ono's apartment building at 72nd Street and Central Park West in Manhattan around 9 p.m. Friday.

Ono has lived in the luxury apartment building on Manhattan's Upper West Side since 1973. Lennon was shot and killed in front of the building on Dec. 8, 1980.

Ono remained hospitalized Friday night at Mount Sinai West Hospital in Manhattan, the same hospital where Lennon was pronounced dead. At the time, it was called St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital.



Advertisements

Latest Entertainment News

  • Mel B on why she stormed off 'America's Got Talent': Simon Cowell's 'stupid' comments made me angry [Video]

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Mel B stormed off the America’s Got Talent live show on Tuesday night, after Simon Cowell made an insensitive joke about her marriage. The former Spice Girls star is currently going through a messy divorce with husband Stephen Belafonte. Source
  • Taylor Swift announces new album 'reputation' in November [Video]

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    NEW YORK — Yes, Taylor Swift fans, Wednesday was a lucky one for you. The pop star who whipped her army of Swifties into a frenzy with video snippets of slithery snake parts on social media posted the title of her new album, “reputation,” and announced on Instagram it will be out Nov. Source
  • ‘Hellboy’ casting prompts backlash over ‘whitewashing’

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    NEW YORK — A Hollywood film yet again finds itself responding to a social-media outcry over the casting of a Caucasian actor in a role that was originally Asian-American. British actor Ed Skrein earlier this week joined the cast of the “Hellboy” reboot “Rise of the Blood Queen. Source
  • The Joker origin movie in the works [Video]

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    The Hangover director is developing a new movie about the early years of Batman’s nemesis The Joker. Todd Phillips is in talks to co-write and direct an origin film for the DC Comics villain, which, according to Deadline, will not feature Jared Leto, who played the maniacal bad guy in last year’s Suicide Squad, and will reprise the role in the film’s sequel. Source
  • Sesame Street parodies 'Despacito' with 'El Patito'

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    This summer's smash hit just got the PG-treatment from Sesame Street. In a parody of the Luis Fonsi's hit, Ernie is sings about his pal Rubbie Duckie or El Patito ("that’s Spanish for rubber duckie”). Despacito, which features Justin Bieber, has become only the second song in history to spend 15 consecutive weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 charts. Source
  • Taylor Swift ends intrigue, announces new album in November

    Entertainment CBC News
    Yes, Taylor Swift fans, Wednesday was a lucky one for you. The pop star who whipped her army of Swifties into a frenzy with video snippets of slithery snake parts on social media posted the title of her new album, reputation, and announced on Instagram it will be out Nov. Source
  • Taylor Swift announces new album 'reputation' in November

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    NEW YORK — Yes, Taylor Swift fans, Wednesday was a lucky one for you. The pop star who whipped her army of Swifties into a frenzy with video snippets of slithery snake parts on social media posted the title of her new album, “reputation,” and announced on Instagram it will be out Nov. Source
  • Invited to Calgary Pride after all by k.d. lang, Jason Kenney says he still won't go

    Entertainment CBC News
    Alberta crooner k.d. lang has invited Jason Kenney to Calgary's Pride festivities — but it appears he won't be attending. The country singer took to Twitter on Tuesday to offer Kenney — a leadership candidate for the province's new United Conservative Party — free tickets to a concert if he'd sit down and discuss LGBTQ rights with her. Source
  • Martin Lawrence doesn't think 'Bad Boys 3' will happen

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Martin Lawrence has some disappointing news for Bad Boys fans; he doesn’t think number three will ever happen. The actor starred in the first two instalments of Michael Bay’s cop franchise, alongside Will Smith, and rumours of a third movie entitled Bad Boys for Life have been swirling for years in Hollywood. Source
  • Controversial Edmonton photographer Con Boland dead at 69

    Entertainment CBC News
    Controversial Edmonton photographer Con Boland, whose life at times unfolded in public during a series of high-profile scandals, has died at the age of 69. Boland died Tuesday at 10 a.m. after suffering a heart attack. Source