Def Leppard postpones tour due to illness

NASHVILLE -- The British rock band Def Leppard is postponing the remainder of its winter tour due to an unspecified illness.

See Full Article

A statement on the group's website said a concert scheduled for Tuesday in San Antonio and all concerts going forward through Feb. 17 will be rescheduled. That includes shows scheduled in Atlantic City, New Jersey, and Brooklyn, New York.

A publicist for the band did not respond to an email message seeking details.

The band previously postponed shows in January in Greensboro, North Carolina, and Orlando, Florida, after singer Joe Elliott lost his voice.

Def Leppard, known for such songs as "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and "Photograph," released its latest self-titled album last year and debuted its new music video for "Dangerous" through the video game "Guitar Hero Live."



Advertisements

Latest Entertainment News

  • Oprah 'praying' for town as California fire approaches celebrity enclave

    Entertainment CBC News
    Surging Santa Ana winds on Saturday drove an enormous wildfire toward a wealthy community in the coastal mountains northwest of Los Angeles, leaving fire crews working in a pall of smoke. The 1045-square-kilometre Thomas Fire was moving rapidly westward and crested Montecito Peak, just north of the unincorporated Santa Barbara County community of Montecito. Source
  • Florida Project producer steps down after harassment claims

    Entertainment CBC News
    The Florida Project producer Andrew Duncan has been accused of sexual misconduct by a dozen anonymous women and is stepping down from his company June Pictures. Duncan in a statement Friday disputes the allegations, calling them either distorted or demonstrably false. Source
  • Director Peter Jackson alleges Harvey Weinstein blacklisted Mira Sorvino, Ashley Judd

    Entertainment CBC News
    Director Peter Jackson says he is now realizing that Harvey Weinstein's advice to avoid working with Mira Sorvino or Ashley Judd was likely part of a smear campaign against the two actresses. Jackson tells Stuff that he was told by Miramax in the late 1990s that they were "a nightmare" to work with and thus didn't consider either for his Lord of the Rings films. Source
  • Anita Hill to chair new Hollywood commission on sexual misconduct

    Entertainment CBC News
    The biggest figures and institutions in entertainment have established a commission to be chaired by Anita Hill that intends to combat sexual misconduct and inequality in the industry in the wake of the huge wave of revelations spurred by allegations against Harvey Weinstein. Source
  • Major media players start commission for sexual misconduct

    Entertainment CTV News
    LOS ANGELES -- The biggest figures and institutions in entertainment have established a commission to be chaired by Anita Hill that intends to combat sexual misconduct and inequality in the industry in the wake of the huge wave of revelations spurred by allegations against Harvey Weinstein. Source
  • Hollywood power players start commission for sexual misconduct

    Entertainment CTV News
    LOS ANGELES -- The biggest figures and institutions in entertainment have established a commission to be chaired by Anita Hill that intends to combat sexual misconduct and inequality in the industry in the wake of the huge wave of revelations spurred by allegations against Harvey Weinstein. Source
  • 'Look how far we've come': Inuit artist collective to represent Canada at Venice Biennale

    Entertainment CBC News
    Zacharias Kunuk got his first camera in 1981, two years before the Nunavut community he lived in agreed to allow television in. Elders in Igloolik didn't see the need to get television to the community because, Kunuk says, there was nothing for them — there was no programming in Inuktitut. Source
  • 'Super Size Me' sequel pulled from festival after director's sexual misconduct confession

    Entertainment CTV News
    LOS ANGELES -- Morgan Spurlock's latest documentary will not premiere at the Sundance Film Festival as planned. The remaining partners in his production company said Friday that they removed "Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken!" from the Sundance slate in light of Spurlock's confessions of sexual misconduct this week. Source
  • Gabriel Garcia Marquez's archives are now available online for free

    Entertainment CBC News
    more stories from this episodePorgs in space: Will 'Star Wars' fans embrace the cuteness?'But I was wearing a suit': Indigenous lawyers speak out against discriminationGoing commercial: How eggnog in a carton became a thingIs the mysterious 'Oumuamua an alien probe?Gabriel Garcia Marquez's archives are now available online for freeInvestigators work to identify victims of Guatemala's civil war, 21 years after it endedRiffed from the Headlines 16/12/2017Full Episode Source
  • Prosecutors decline to charge rapper Nelly with rape

    Entertainment CTV News
    SEATTLE - Prosecutors in Washington state say they can't proceed with a rape case against the rapper Nelly because the accuser is not co-operating. The woman said Nelly raped her on his tour bus in October in a Seattle suburb. Source