Writer debunks rumours of David Bowie 'Labyrinth' reboot

Writer Nicole Perlman has taken to Twitter to debunk rumours that she is penning a reboot of the 1986 film "Labyrinth" that starred David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly.

See Full Article

Reports that Sony had ordered a new version of "Labyrinth" with Perlman at the helm had sent the Internet into overdrive over the weekend.

But Perlman took to Twitter to clarify that the film will not be a reboot of the classic, but a sequel.

"Guys, please don't fall for all the clickbait. No one is remaking 'Labyrinth.' That movie is perfect as it is."

Guys, please don't fall for all the clickbait. No one is remaking "Labyrinth." That movie is perfect as it is.

— Nicole Perlman (@Uncannygirl) January 24, 2016

She also addressed accusations of profiteering from Bowie's death on January 10 to promote the film, saying that the project had been in the works since 2014.

"Labyrinth is my favorite film from childhood, so I share your concerns that any continuation of the world be handled with love and respect."

In the original verison of "Labyrinth" directed by Muppets creator Jim Henson, 15-year-old Sarah enters a strange and magical world in search of her baby brother, kidnapped by the villainous Goblin King.



Advertisements

Latest Entertainment News

  • Hulk Hogan reinstated into wrestling Hall of Fame

    Entertainment CTV News
    ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. has reinstated Hulk Hogan to its Hall of Fame, three years after he was found to have used racial slurs in a conversation caught on a sex tape. Source
  • Cardi B leads MTV VMA nods with 10; Beyonce, Jay-Z nab 8

    Entertainment CTV News
    NEW YORK -- The year of Cardi B continues -- this time with 10 MTV Video Music Award nominations. MTV announced Monday that the rapper is the most nominated act at this year's show, which returns to New York City's Radio City Music Hall on Aug. Source
  • Comic-Con of the #MeToo era grapples with harassment

    Entertainment CBC News
    Comic-Con, the annual gathering of over 130,000 fans, artists, collectors and geek culture savants, has already been changed by the #MeToo and Time's Up era, with at least one notable figure stepping aside due to sexual misconduct allegations. Source
  • Robert Lepage willing to sit down with opponents of upcoming show

    Entertainment CTV News
    MONTREAL -- Quebec director Robert Lepage says he is willing to meet with people who are opposed to one of his his upcoming shows because it does not include Indigenous performers. About 30 people signed an open letter in Le Devoir on Saturday to denounce Lepage for the absence of Indigenous actors in the show called Kanata. Source
  • Madonna back in Malawi; now considering soccer academy

    Entertainment CTV News
    BLANTYRE, Malawi -- Madonna has returned to Malawi to celebrate the first anniversary of a medical facility named after one of the four children she adopted children from this southern African country. The pop star on Monday visited the Mercy James Institute for Pediatric Surgery and Intensive Care at the Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital in Blantyre. Source
  • 1st Comic-Con of the MeToo era grapples with harassment

    Entertainment CTV News
    LOS ANGELES -- Comic-Con, the annual gathering of over 130,000 fans, artists, collectors and geek culture savants, has already been changed by the #MeToo and Time's Up era, with at least one notable figure stepping aside due to sexual misconduct allegations. Source
  • Saudi Arabia bans many video games after children's deaths

    Entertainment CTV News
    RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia says it's banning a long list of popular video games after allegations surfaced that two children killed themselves after being encouraged to do so in an online game. The Saudi General Commission for Audio-Visual Media said Monday it was banning 47 games, including Grand Theft Auto V, Assassins Creed 2 and Witcher, for unspecified violations of rules and regulations. Source
  • First look at Olivia Colman as the Queen in 'The Crown'

    Entertainment CTV News
    Netflix has released the first image of British actress Olivia Colman as Queen Elizabeth II for the upcoming season of “The Crown.” Colman takes over the role from Claire Foy as the series shifts forward in time and focuses on a depiction of the queen’s life in the 1960s. Source
  • Kanata: Director Robert Lepage open to dialogue with Indigenous artists over new play

    Entertainment CBC News
    Quebec theatre director Robert Lepage says he will meet a group of Indigenous actors, writers, activists and artists from across Quebec who have raised concerns about his upcoming play, Kanata, in an open letter. The letter's signatories say while the play aims to tell "the story of Canada through the prism of relations between whites and Indigenous people," no Indigenous actors or writers are involved in the production. Source
  • Soulpepper pauses training program amid 'culture change' at theatre

    Entertainment CTV News
    TORONTO -- Normally, the Soulpepper Academy would be ramping up for a nation-wide audition process to find the finest thespians, directors and playwrights to join its prestigious paid training residency. But as acting artistic director Alan Dilworth can attest, little has been normal about the past six months for the Soulpepper Theatre Company. Source