Celine Dion's weekend concerts cancelled after Rene Angelil's death

Celine Dion has cancelled her Las Vegas performances this weekend following the death of her husband, manager Rene Angelil.

A statement posted on the singer's website reads: "With heavy hearts, we regret to inform you that Celine performances Saturday, Jan.

See Full Article

16 and Sunday, Jan. 17 at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace have been cancelled." It added: "All of us at AEG and at Caesars Palace have Celine and her children in our thoughts and prayers."

Dion's next scheduled performance is February 23.

Angelil, Dion's husband of 21 years, passed away on January 14 following a long battle with cancer.



Advertisements

Latest Entertainment News

  • 'Bachelor' star Chris Soules acted reasonably after crash, legal team says

    Entertainment CTV News
    This Tuesday, April 25, 2017, photo provided by the Buchanan County Sheriff's Office in Independence, Iowa, shows Chris Soules, former star of ABC's "The Bachelor," after being booked early Tuesday after his arrest on a charge of leaving the scene of a fatal accident near Arlington, Iowa. Source
  • Bella Thorne Snapchats her bikini wax

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Actress Bella Thorne has shared her first bikini waxing session online. The 19-year-old posted footage of herself getting her summer groom on via Snapchat this week. Fans watched as she sat on a white towel with a pair of scissors in her right hand, apparently trimming her pubic hair, ahead of the waxing session with a beautician. Source
  • What's happening right now at the ECMAs in Saint John

    Entertainment CBC News
    Roll out the red carpet: the East Coast Music Awards show kicks off Thursday evening at Harbour Station. Starting at 8 p.m., winners will be announced in categories including album/video/solo recording of the year, enregistrement francophone de l'année, Indigenous artist of the year, song of the year, and the country, rock and rising star categories. Source
  • Mississippi man sues R. Kelly, says singer ruined marriage

    Entertainment CTV News
    JACKSON, Miss. - A Mississippi sheriff's deputy is suing singer R. Kelly, alleging that Kelly had a yearslong affair with his wife that broke up his marriage. Deputy Kenneth Bryant, who married Asia Childress in Mississippi in 2012, filed suit last week in state court in Jackson. Source
  • New Shania Twain album coming in September, single in June

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Shania Twain says her first album in 15 years will be available in September, while a new single is coming in June. The country superstar from Timmins, Ont., made the announcement on the singing competition series “The Voice,” in which she’s acting as a key mentor this season. Source
  • From the wrestling ring to Hollywood, Dwayne Johnson wants 'to change the way the game is played' [Video]

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    LOS ANGELES — In 2000, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was trying to break into Hollywood. He was off to an OK start. The pro-wrestler already had a following, a role in “The Mummy Returns” and high-wattage charm. Source
  • She's still the one: Shania Twain's 1st album in 15 years coming out in September

    Entertainment CBC News
    Here's something that's bound to impress you: Shania Twain says her first album in 15 years will be available in September, while a new single is coming in June. The country superstar from Timmins, Ont. Source
  • Late Night 'toothiness': Jim Carr laughs off beaver file photo on Colbert's talk show

    Entertainment CBC News
    Canada's natural resources minister is responding to the light mocking he received on a late-night talk show this week. The Late Show host Stephen Colbert chose a photo of a hearty Canadian beaver in a suit and tie to represent Manitoba MP Jim Carr in a broadcast Tuesday. Source
  • Roman Polanski's latest movie added to Cannes Film Festival

    Entertainment CTV News
    NEW YORK -- Roman Polanski's latest film is heading to the Cannes Film Festival. The French festival announced a few additions to its lineup on Thursday. Polanksi's "Based on a True Story" will play out of competition. Source
  • Ridley Scott looks forward with 'Alien,' Blade Runner' sequels [Video]

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    LOS ANGELES — Ridley Scott insists he is not a nostalgic person, but you wouldn’t know that looking at the 2017 movie calendar. Not only are audiences getting another “Alien” movie, “Alien: Covenant,” on May 19, but also a long-time-coming “Blade Runner” sequel in October. Source