Celine Dion's husband Rene Angelil dies at 73

Celine Dion’s husband and manager Rene Angelil, has died. He was 73.

Angelil’s death was confirmed in a statement on Celine Dion’s official Facebook page Thursday afternoon.

See Full Article

“Rene Angelil, 73, passed away this morning at his home in Las Vegas after a long and courageous battle against cancer. The family requests that their privacy be respected at the moment; more details will be provided at a later time,” the statement said.

Originally from Quebec, Angelil had undergone treatment for throat cancer since 1999.

A Nevada coroner confirmed that Angelil died of natural causes. No further investigation is required.

In August 2014, Dion temporarily put her career on hold to help care for her ailing husband. She cancelled her Las Vegas tour and a scheduled tour through Asia to focus on Angelil’s health.

She returned to the Las Vegas show the following August.

Angelil discovered Dion when she was just 12 years old. The couple went on to have a lavish ceremony in 1994 at Montreal’s Notre-Dame Basilica.

The couple lived together in Las Vegas with their three children.

More to come…



Advertisements

Latest Entertainment News

  • What’s new on Netflix, CraveTV in October

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    A monthly look at what’s scheduled to be added to the catalogues of streaming services Netflix Canada and CraveTV in October: TOP PICKS Supernatural pop culture sensation “Stranger Things” returns to the Upside Down with a second season Oct. Source
  • To women of colour, Rihanna's cosmetics launch is personal

    Entertainment CTV News
    NEW YORK -- Worokya Duncan is the director of inclusion for a private school in Manhattan, so her embrace of diversity is a no-brainer. She's also a big makeup person frustrated over the years by cosmetics companies that don't seem to get how important it is for women of colour like her to be serviced, too. Source
  • Robert Plant releases new track, announces 2018 North American tour

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    NEW YORK — Robert Plant is going on tour in North America next year to support his upcoming album, “Carry Fire.” The former Led Zeppelin frontman announced Tuesday that his 2018 tour will begin Feb. 9 in Raleigh, North Carolina. Source
  • 'Kevin Can Wait' Season 2 premiere steps awkwardly around Donna's death

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Let's say you're a TV producer, and you have decided that - despite the fact that your show is a family sitcom - it's time to kill off the wife character after the first season. Things were going fine, but now your leading man's former female co-star is available, and, well, a lot of viewers would probably like to see them together again on-screen. Source
  • 'Underworld' TV series in the works

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Movie maker Len Wiseman is revamping his Underworld film series for the small screen. The popular vampire versus werewolf movies were a vehicle for the writer and director’s estranged wife Kate Beckinsale - he wrote and directed the first two films, Underworld and Underworld: Evolution, wrote and produced 2009’s Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, and produced the remaining two films, Underworld: Awakening and last year’s Underworld: Blood Wars. Source
  • Kit Harington and Rose Leslie engaged: Report

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Game Of Thrones couple Kit Harington and Rose Leslie are reportedly engaged. The 30-year-old actor, who plays Jon Snow in the HBO series, is said to have popped the question to his redheaded girlfriend, also 30, with the couple apparently breaking the news of their engagement to friends and family last week. Source
  • ’Coronation Street’ actress Liz Dawn dead at 77

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    LONDON — Liz Dawn, the actress who played tart-tongued Vera Duckworth in the British soap opera “Coronation Street” for more than 30 years, has died, her family said Tuesday. She was 77. Dawn’s family said in a statement that the actress died “peacefully in her sleep” Monday night. Source
  • 'Dukes Of Hazard' star Tom Wopat slapped with new assault and battery charges

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Former Dukes Of Hazard star Tom Wopat has been hit with new charges of indecent assault and battery amid allegations he acted inappropriately with a minor. The 66-year-old actor stands accused of poking a 16-year-old co-star’s bare stomach during rehearsals for a production of 42nd Street in Waltham, Massachusetts over the summer, when he also reportedly complimented her on her “nice butt” and slapped her backside with his script. Source
  • 'A true Coronation Street legend:' Liz Dawn, Corrie's Vera Duckworth, dead at 77

    Entertainment CBC News
    Liz Dawn, the actress who played tart-tongued Vera Duckworth in the British soap opera Coronation Street for more than 30 years, has died, her family said Tuesday. She was 77. Dawn's family said in a statement that the actress died "peacefully in her sleep" Monday night. Source
  • Video-game voice actors, publishers reach agreement to end strike

    Entertainment CBC News
    Video-game voice actors have agreed to end a nearly yearlong strike against several major gaming publishers. The actors union SAG-AFTRA and a representative for the publishers said Monday they reached a tentative agreement on Saturday to end the strike. Source