Montreal's Ian Kelly gets stolen hard drives back after social media pleas

Montreal indie pop-rocker Ian Kelly says someone has returned stolen hard drives containing the only copies of an album he was preparing to release.

See Full Article

Kelly took to Twitter and Facebook this week to plead for the return of the drives, which he says were swiped from an SUV on Tuesday between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. ET.

At around 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Kelly announced on Twitter his property had been returned by the thief's father.

Kelly had offered a reward to anyone who found his hard drives, but he says the man refused it.

The singer-songwriter says the stolen master copy and backup contain about six months of work.

I know many people have bigger problems but I had 6 months of work on those HDs. Please contact me and I'll give you 1000$ to get my hd back

— Ian Kelly (@iankellysmusic) January 6, 2016

C'est MALADE! Merci merci merci!!!! pic.twitter.com/4B0RwbfCyx

— Ian Kelly (@iankellysmusic) January 7, 2016


Advertisements

Latest Entertainment News

  • Neil Diamond says he has Parkinson's disease, retires from touring

    Entertainment CBC News
    Neil Diamond is retiring from touring, saying he has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. Days shy of his 77th birthday, the rock legend is cancelling his tour dates in Australia and New Zealand for March. He was on his 50th anniversary tour. Source
  • Neil Diamond says he has Parkinson's, retires from touring

    Entertainment CTV News
    NEW YORK -- Neil Diamond is retiring from touring after he says he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. Days shy of his 77th birthday, the rock legend is cancelling his tour dates in Australia and New Zealand for March. Source
  • Jury selection for Bill Cosby's retrial slated for March 29

    Entertainment CTV News
    NORRISTOWN, Pa. -- Jury selection for Bill Cosby's criminal sex assault retrial will start March 29 in the suburban Philadelphia county where he's accused of drugging and molesting a woman in 2004. The 80-year-old entertainer's first trial had jurors from the Pittsburgh area, about 300 miles away. Source
  • Cosby jokes in first show since 2015 he 'used to be a comedian'

    Entertainment CTV News
    PHILADELPHIA -- Bill Cosby performed in public for the first time since a sex abuse scandal embroiled him in 2015, joking that he "used to be a comedian" and playing with a jazz band in his hometown as a retrial looms in his criminal sexual assault case. Source
  • 'I used to be a comedian': Cosby performs first show since 2015

    Entertainment CTV News
    PHILADELPHIA -- Bill Cosby performed in public for the first time since a sex abuse scandal embroiled him in 2015, joking that he "used to be a comedian" and playing with a jazz band in his hometown as a retrial looms in his criminal sexual assault case. Source
  • Meet the Toronto producer behind 'The Shape of Water'

    Entertainment CTV News
    TORONTO -- As Guillermo del Toro's merman romance "The Shape of Water" swims with the frontrunners this awards season, a Toronto producer who worked on the film is getting a big moment in the spotlight. Source
  • Emerging YouTubers feel the sting of sudden changes to money-making channels

    Entertainment CTV News
    TORONTO -- Ray Reynolds has attracted over 200,000 views to his travel adventures on YouTube, but last week he learned his Canadian video channel just wasn't popular enough. In a brief email sent by Google, the Vancouver-based creator of "Vacation: Impossible" was bluntly informed he would soon lose status as a monetized channel, effectively stripping his ability to earn money off his videos. Source
  • NBC's Kelly says Fonda has 'no business' lecturing her

    Entertainment CTV News
    In this combination photo, Jane Fonda appears at the 2017 ACLU SoCal's Bill of Rights Dinner in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Dec. 3, 2017, left, and Megyn Kelly poses on the set of her new show, "Megyn Kelly Today" in New York on Sept, 21, 2017. Source
  • Rehearsal, envelope verification and no cellphones: PwC unveils new rules after epic Oscars mishap

    Entertainment CBC News
    After taking responsibility for the epic best picture flub at the Oscars last year, Tim Ryan of PwC got down to business. He grilled the partners who made the gaffe, then personally reached out to the dozens of people affected by it: The show's producers, presenters and stage managers, as well as the filmmakers behind La La Land and Moonlight. Source
  • Rogers and Vice to end partnership, with Vice hinting at new Canadian plans

    Entertainment CBC News
    Rogers and Vice have terminated their joint venture that saw the latter make exclusive content to be broadcast on the former's properties. In a release on Monday, Vice Canada said it had acquired full ownership of its own studio business, which had previously been shared with Rogers Media under a two-year $100-million deal that launched in 2016 and saw Vice produce content that was broadcast on Rogers-owned networks. Source