'Real Housewives' star set to be freed from prison before Christmas

TRENTON, N.J. -- One of New Jersey's "Real Housewives" is set to be freed from the big house just days before Christmas.

See Full Article

Teresa Giudice will be released Wednesday from the Danbury Federal Correctional Institution in Connecticut, her lawyer said. She will then head home to her husband, Joe, and their four daughters in Montville, where she will be on home confinement until Feb. 5.

Her attorney, James Leonard Jr., said his client is upbeat and looking forward to coming home. Leonard said he plans to drive Giudice home from prison, but he declined to provide more specific details about her release.

Giudice has been at the prison since January. She and her husband pleaded guilty last year to bankruptcy fraud.

They admitted hiding assets from bankruptcy creditors and submitting phoney loan applications to get some $5 million in mortgages and construction loans.

Joe Giudice also pleaded guilty to failing to pay taxes. He's expected to start his 41-month sentence in March and has said he will serve his term at the Federal Correctional Institution at Fort Dix in southern Jersey.

A federal judge staggered the couple's sentences in deference to their children.

Joe Giudice is not an American citizen and could be deported to Italy when he's released.



Advertisements

Latest Entertainment News

  • Johnny Depp denies out of control spending, hits back at ex-business managers [Video]

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Johnny Depp has denied claims that his financial woes have been caused by out of control spending. In January, the Pirates of the Caribbean star sued his former advisers Joel and Robert Mandel and their The Management Group (TMG) company, alleging fraud and negligence. Source
  • 'The Amazing Race' returns for Season 29 fighting for its life

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Strangers in a strange land. That’s the direction The Amazing Race decided to go in for the first time in its 29 season history. The multiple Emmy Award-winning reality show, now airing on Thursday nights on CTV and CBS, paired up 22 strangers to navigate across the globe deciphering clues, performing mental and physical tasks, meet the locals and take planes, trains and automobiles for a one million dollar prize. Source
  • 'Stay away': Musicians urge Radiohead to scrap Israel show as promoters brush off boycott calls

    Entertainment CBC News
    A number of musicians, activists and artists are encouraging Radiohead to scrap a planned July show in Israel as part of a cultural boycott. Pink Floyd's Roger Waters, Desmond Tutu and Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore are among the more than 40 people who have co-signed an open letter to the influential British band, under the Artists for Palestine UK network. Source
  • ‘Bachelor’ star called 911 before allegedly fleeing scene

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    IOWA CITY, Iowa — Former “The Bachelor” star Chris Soules called 911 to report his crash that killed a fellow Iowa farmer, seeking medical help for the man before he allegedly left the scene. Soules told the dispatcher that he “rear-ended a guy on a tractor” with his pickup truck Monday night on a road near the northern Iowa town of Aurora, according to a recording of the call released Wednesday. Source
  • Fred Penner weighs album of grown-up tracks for a 'deeper connection' with fans

    Entertainment CTV News
    TORONTO -- Fred Penner won his legendary status entertaining kids with "The Cat Came Back" and other favourites, but the singer says he's considering an album for grown-ups. "I've written songs along the way," the 70-year-old performer said in a recent interview. Source
  • Unbreakable/Split crossover film gets title and release date [Video]

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Writer-director M. Night Shyamalan has announced that after 17 years he will finally release a sequel to Unbreakable. Shyamalan broke the news on Twitter after teasing the sequel during the end credits for his recent thriller Split, which featured James McAvoy as a kidnapper with a multiple-personality disorder who captures three teens. Source
  • Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony returns to Cleveland next April

    Entertainment CTV News
    CLEVELAND -- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame says next year's induction ceremony is scheduled for April 14 at the Public Auditorium in Cleveland. The Rock Hall is located in Cleveland, but the city hasn't hosted the induction ceremony since 2015. Source
  • 'Bachelor' star called 911 before allegedly fleeing deadly crash

    Entertainment CTV News
    This Tuesday, April 25, 2017, photo provided by the Buchanan County Sheriff's Office in Independence, Iowa, shows Chris Soules, former star of ABC's "The Bachelor," after being booked early Tuesday after his arrest on a charge of leaving the scene of a fatal accident near Arlington, Iowa. Source
  • Lorde, Imagine Dragons, Iggy Azalea set to appear at 2017 iHeartRadio MMVAs

    Entertainment CBC News
    Lorde is headed to this year's iHeartRadio Much Music Video Awards — but whether her lamp will make an encore performance remains to be seen. The New Zealand-raised musician is among the first round of artists announced for the televised street party in Toronto on June 18. Source
  • Jonathan Demme, director of 'The Silence of the Lambs', dead at 73 [Video]

    Entertainment Toronto Sun
    Oscar-winning moviemaker Jonathan Demme has died, aged 73. The acclaimed director of The Silence of the Lambs and Philadelphia passed away in New York on Wednesday. He had been battling esophageal cancer and died of complications from heart disease, according to a family source. Source